About the GreenJacket® IMPERMEABLE Material
GreenJacket® material is a five-layer film with abcca structure. The two “a” layers of polyethylene resins are extruded and blown into pre-set widths required to produce the finished product. The material consists of virgin outer layers “a” of high-strength linear low-density polyethylene film. (LLDPE) This LLDPE sheeting is then slit into two panels, which are then rolled onto heavy-duty 6″ cores. The two rolls of film are then taken to a laminator where a molten layer “b” of polyethylene is extruded between the layers of film onto the two scrim “cc” reinforcement layers. The heavy scrim reinforcement laminated between these plies greatly enhances tear resistance and increases the flexibility and service life of the film. The heavy-duty reinforcement layers are made of 1000 denier scrim laid in a diagonal pattern spaced 3/8″ apart. It responds to tears immediately by surrounding and stopping the tear. The white outer layers contain UV inhibitors and thermal stabilizers, designed to reduce heat build-up.
Factory Tolerances: +/- 1% on widths, +/- 1% on lengths over 100’ and +/- 1 foot on lengths less than 100 feet.
|Properties||Test Method||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacket||Old GreenJacket||% Better|
|PropertiesAppearance||Test MethodVisual||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacketWhite Opaque/Translucent||Old GreenJacketWhite Opaque/Translucent||% Better|
|PropertiesWeight per 1000/Sf||Test MethodASTM D 4321||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacket29 Lbs.||Old GreenJacket21 Lbs.||% Better38%|
|PropertiesThickness, mil (nominal)||Test MethodASTM D 5199||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacket6 mil||Old GreenJacket4.5 mil||% Better33%|
|PropertiesTensile Strength||Test MethodASTM D 7003||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacket42 Lbf||Old GreenJacket28 Lbf||% Better50%|
|PropertiesElongation @ Break||Test MethodASTM D 7003||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacket550%||Old GreenJacket226%||% Better143%|
|PropertiesGrab TensileTear||Test MethodASTM D 751||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacket65 Lbf||Old GreenJacket576 grams||% Better0%|
|PropertiesTrappezoid tear||Test MethodASTM D 4533||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacket43 Lbf||Old GreenJacket13 Lbf||% Better230%|
|PropertiesMullen Burst||Test MethodASTM D 751||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacket100 psi||Old GreenJacket64 psi||% Better56%|
|PropertiesMaximum Use Temperature||Test Method||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacket180º F||Old GreenJacket180º F||% Better0%|
|PropertiesMinimum Use Temperature||Test Method||New 2008 Rip-Stop GreenJacket-70º F||Old GreenJacket-70º F||% Better0%|
GreenJacket® PERMEABLE Grow-In Cover Specifications
- 2.5 oz Permeable fabric consisting of UV stabilized polyethylene tapes (Translucent/white). Now Lace Coated to help reduce unraveling if the cover is ever torn.
- 47% Heavier more durable fabric than what competitors offer at a better price.
- All edges and seams will be a Double Folded / Double Lock Stitched Edges & Seams.
- Weave of fabric covering approximately 95% of the surface area.
- Mildew and Rot resistant.
- Covers shall create a greenhouse effect for quicker spring green-up and faster seed germination.
- Lightweight for easy installation and removal with grab handles in each corner of the cover.
- Reduces frost and ice damage.
- Anchor staples/pegs shall be included 6 x 1 x 6 Steel.
- Product purchased has a pro-rated 7-year warranty.
AFS Insulation Specs
Description: UV Resistant, non-water soluble nylon 3D matrix composite
Total Weight: 75lbs per roll
Thickness: 0.25 in. (+/- 10%)
UV Resistance: Moderate. Not suitable for direct sunlight
- Uniform bonded fiber web
- Shipped in a polybag
- Media Width – 96″
- Roll Length – 169′
GreenJacket® Bubble Insulation Specs
GreenJacket® Bubble Insulation Composition
GreenJacket® Bubble Insulation consists of 1/2 x 1 Diameter bubbles, .010 Mil Clear Poly Bubble. Like all of our products, the Bubble is designed to our strict specifications, to meet our strict requirements.
- Suspend a Snow / Ice load of 50lbs per sq/ft and allow airflow to move freely under such a
- load. 200Lbs person can walk on it without popping the bubble.
- Work in conjunction with our GreenJacket Poly Vent tubing system.
- Easy to handle and install unaffected by wind offering a Useful Life Cycle of 3 to 5 years.
- Integrated strength – yet lightweight and easy to store.
- Roll size available: 12′ x 100′(1200sq/ft per roll
GreenJacket® Insulation Foam Specs
How GreenJacket® Insulating Foam Is Made
GreenJacket® Insulation Foam is versatile, strong, lightweight, low density insulating foam. The material incorporates 23 closed cells per inch for superb thermal surface protection and insulation.
GreenJacket® Insulation Foam Has Several Superior Qualities
- Chemical Resistant
- Thermal and Vapor properties make it ideal for insulating blanket protection
- Air layer helps protect against condensation and water damage
- Mildew, moisture, and fungus resistant
- Lightweight, Low density – strong and easy to handle
- Effective Insulation R Values against temperature extremes
|PropertiesCell Structure||Test MethodTranslucent/White||EnglishClosed|
|PropertiesDensity||Test MethodASTM D3575||English1.10-1.20 lb/ft3|
|PropertiesTensile Strength||Test MethodASTM D 412||English50-70 PSI|
|PropertiesElongation at Break||Test MethodASTM D 412||English80-100%|
|PropertiesTear Strength||Test MethodASTM D 624||English6-9 lbf/inch|
|PropertiesWater Absorption||Test MethodASTM D3575||English<0.1 lb/ft2|
|PropertiesMelting Point/Min Temp||Test MethodºF NA||English230ºF/ -30ºF|
|PropertiesR Ratring||Test MethodASTM D3575||English.53|